Necklaces with African Motifs
6. Timbuktu. (top left) Its brilliant colors were inspired by African tribal textiles.
7. Fetish Adornment, (top right) Inspired by a small wooden fetish Figure believed to repel any malevolent influences; exhibited in the Michael Rockefeller Wing of the Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York City.
8. Asante Gold. (left) Gold washed beads made by the Asante people of Ivory Coast using the lost wax method.
Necklaces with Pre-Columbian Motifs
10. Peruvian Pectoral with Coins. (top right) Hand-painted ceramic beads from Peru.
11. Tolima Figure, (left) A replica of a Pre-Columbian gold figure with three green stones, which are ancient Peruvian adornments.
12. Mask of Xipe- To tec. (top left) This ingenious necklace can be disassembled into three parts: a pin, a small pendant necklace, and a larger pendant. The pin is Mexican gilded silver and the feather-like head piece and jade-like earspools are made of polymer clay.
13. Mask of Xipe-Totec. (top right) The elements of the necklace, separated.
14. Brazilian Tribal. (left) Inspired by a tribal comb made of raffia woven on wooden thorns. Necklace woven in twill weave pattern with dangles of ostrich egg shell.
15. Colombian Gold, (top left) Metal fetish figure from Colombia with gold-colored coins.
16. Chinese Cloud Collar. (top right) Exhibited at the Renwick Gallery, Washington, D.C. and in the Smithsonian Traveling Exhibition, "Good as Gold: Alternative Materials in American Jewelry (1981)."
Necklace with an Egyptian Motif
17. Royal Pectoral with Scarab (left)
Necklaces Based on Art Deco Motifs and Designs
18. Clarisse's Collar, (top left) Inspired by the design and colors of an earthenware vase created by Clarisse Cliff, a 1920's English potter. From the collections of Adeline Mazur and Patricia Kauffmann.
19. Coral Cascade, (top right) Beads are early plastic of the 1930's.
20. Tiffany No. 2. (left) Removable Mexican silver pin with amethyst stone; Czechoslovakian faceted crystal beads. With pin, collection of Mrs. Marion Richman.
Was this article helpful?
No Other Jewelry Making Blueprint Is As Easy To Understand, Comprehensively Written Reasonably Priced As The Jewelry Making SecretsThis Is One Bold Guarantee That You Can Take To The Bank! I Will Do What No Other Jewelry Expert Will Dare Do... EXPOSE THE EXACT INSIDER SECRETS WHICH HAVE MADE ME SEVERAL FEW OTHERS STINKING RICH NOW THAT'S A FIRST!